MK Dancewear Business Hours:
NEW HOURS Lansing
Masks REQUIRED for entry
Mon by appointment
Wed by appointment
Sat open 12-4pm
NEW HOURS Portage
Masks REQUIRED for entry
Tues by appointment
Thurs by appointment
Fri open 2-6pm
MK Dancewear is committed to having a safe shopping environment. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our first priority. During your visit please follow these guidelines while shopping:
* Whenever possible, please refrain from bringing non-dancer siblings inside the store as it will limit our total serviceable capacity.
* Masks are required at all times throughout the store. Masks must be worn correctly – completely covering the mouth and nose.
* Customers without a mask will not be allowed to enter the store.
* Customers that violate our mask policy or acting in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave.
* Other accommodations can be made to those customers that are unable to wear a mask – such as online shopping, or curbside pick-up.
* Individual appointments are available for customers that have concerns about shopping where other shoppers are present.
* We sanitize high traffic areas after every customer.
* Returns and unwanted items are held in a storage area for 3-4 days and/or sanitized before putting them back on the shelf or rack for another customer.
Again, we are taking the health crisis very seriously. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our main concern.
3010 Vine Street
Lansing, MI 48912
7628 S. Westnedge Ave, Ste B
Portage, MI 49002
MK Dancewear offers these additional services:
Pointe Shoe Sewing – single elastic $ 12
Pointe Shoe Sewing – crossed elastic $ 16
The Best Fit
Precise fitting is required in pointe shoes.
Dancers may arrange a fitting with Master Fitter Heather McKinney, or another MK Dancewear certified fitter, to provide superlative pointe shoe fittings to students, pre-professionals and professionals. Heather has over 30 years of industry experience. Our fittings have always been free of charge.
We carry Michigan’s finest selection of dancewear (adults & children), leotards, tights, pointe shoes, character shoes, tap shoes, jazz shoes, ballroom shoes, gymnastics, gifts, and accessories.
Pointe shoes are a specialized tool in dance. Properly fitting pointe shoes can enhance your performance with the confidence that your shoes will be there for you and working WITH you while you perform. In contrast, if you’ve been incorrectly fit into improperly fitting pointe shoes, not only is your performance affected, but your health could be as well. It’s extremely important to be properly fitted into the right pointe shoes! Bruised toenails, pain, bunions exacerbated, excessive blisters, broken toes, even broken ankles can occur when you’ve been improperly fit into the wrong pointe shoes!
The damage that an incorrect fitting can cause, not only to the foot itself, but your technique, is not worth the risk! Make sure your fitter has the knowledge and experience required to fit pointe shoes!
Expert pointe shoe fittings by appointment.
Fittings are free of charge.
(please indicate which location)
Our commitment to our customers doesn’t stop after you’ve made a purchase.
We’re as loyal to our customers as you are to us!
One way to exceed your expectations is through our Customer Rewards
Program that is unlike any other rewards program out there.
We offer traditional retail pricing, which means that when we hold a sale, the prices reflect a discount off the original retail price, not an inflated mark-up.
Value: Service, great pricing, large selection, and a FREE GIFT with every
purchase! That’s just our way of saying “thank you”.
Rewards Program Details
1 point for every dollar spent
212 Points = 20% OFF Total Purchase!
No punch cards needed.
No exclusions! No expiration! No worries!